Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stalkers in China

I had a stalker for awhile, at first it seemed just like a random coincidence, but he started showing up whenever I went to a coffee shop.  Then my roommate started getting stalked!  But that's died down now, I haven't heard of him for a little over a week.  So I won't be lying when I say, the title of this blog post was mostly to get your attention.  And if your reading right now, I'll assume I did my job right.  But stick around I think you will be entertained.

This week encompasses two holidays in China.  One is National Day, similar to our Independence Day, but they get about a week off school or work.  They other which just happened to fall in around the same time is Mid-Autumn Festival, which is celebrated by good times with the family and eating lots of moon cakes!  Which Starbucks gives away for free (not that we have one in this city).
Some other monumental news, is our kittens are growing, cuter and cuter by the day (Really I just wanted an excuse to post more picture of them).


Now that we have the basic updates out of the way I can let you in on a funny little story.  Yesterday I went to buy some dongxi (things) with my Chinese friend.  So my friend and the store keeper were talking and I had kinda zoned out, then my friend says, "Oh she says your pretty", so I turn to the store keeper and say "Xie xie" (thank you).  At that point I zoned back in and I hear the store keeper say, "Yi dian pang, danshi high piao liang", which means, "A little fat, but still pretty".  At that I just started to laugh, cuz the store keeper didn't think I understood Chinese and that's the moment I had chosen to start listening again!  It was great moment.  My Chinese friend, said sorry to me, but I told I've improved cuz in Xian I was "Really fat" and here I'm only "A little fat".



Here it is pretty common to buy fruits or veggies out of trucks.







 















Last blog post I mentioned two coffee shops, well I took pics of them, so you could see the fronts of them and where I was spending 20 hours a week.  (Now we have internet at our house, so that time has gone down).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tash - love the new bike AND you don't have to have a fancy title to bring me in :) I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - forgot to ask - do you like moon cakes? They don't sound delicious to me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've eaten moon cakes, but they are honestly not my favorite. I have a friend who really likes them though because she thinks they taste like fig nutens. But I never liked fig nutens either.

    ReplyDelete