Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Fitness Honor

As some of you may have noticed, I'm overweight. haha. I've been for most of my life, and even packing a few extra pounds I've still been loving the mirrors. But even with my confidence I've realized that health and fitness are important. The last 2 years or so have been a culmination of me trying to find a balance. It's hard to lose weight, especially with no particular purpose in mind except to look good, and I looked good overweight so what was the point of losing it!
But I want to be healthy, I want to be fit, not because I'm insecure, not because everyone's doing it, not because the magazines and commercials tell me that's how I should look, but because it's the right thing to do. Fitness honor.
So how do you change with no motivation or reason to change? Well find a reason. I'm letting you all into my thoughts because this blog is here to let you into my life....and as you will see where I'm going with this to ask for money like usual. :) hehe
I watched the last season of Biggest Loser and at the end they ran a Marathon. In 7 months they went from morbidly obese to running 26.2 miles. I don't care who you are, that's impressive. One of my favorite movies for whatever reason is Run Fat Boy Run. At the need he runs a Marathon, transforms his life from lazy to active. (It's a comedy.) I recently read a running magazine that said to stay motivated give yourself something to work towards. A race, an event, a something.
So all of these thoughts slowly started to converge upon themselves. I bet you can see where I'm going with this. So I'll just say it.
I'm planning on coming back to Seattle end of May to visit for about 2 months. June 23 I have plans to run a Marathon (http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/seattle/event-details). July 14 and 15 I have plans to bike 200 miles from Seattle to Portland (http://shop.cascade.org/content/events/stp). And to just give me a little extra motivation I'm looking into doing a 10K on the Great Wall of China in May (http://www.great-wall-marathon.com/Default.aspx).
Obviously these things have a cost. If your concerned about my stewardship I promise I'm putting my money towards bills before fun and all of that. But these are my goals for 2012. Costs line up as following $125 for the Marathon (if payed before Feb 15), $100 for the Bike thing (also needing to be payed by end of Feb, as spots run out) and China run expenses unknown as of right now.
I'm throwing this out there, to see who else might be committed to fitness, or if you want to give depending on how much weight I lose, or depending on how many miles I make it. I'm down to play ball. Like I said these are goals, and sometimes goals are not met, but I'm dreaming big!
Would love to hear feedback, either on advice, stories of experience or whatever. But I want to love with all my heart, mind, soul and STRENGTH. Fitness Honor.

3 comments:

  1. Hey i love that you are doing this! im rootin for you all the way, i have been trying to lose weight and also take care of myself and be healthy. its been going alright. I understand though what you are saying when you talk about the motivation part though. motivation is prolly one of my biggest struggles :( but God is changing things for me. i just need to learn to listen and obey. also not my strong points.lol good luck with all of this that you are doing. love much!
    -Nika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Natash! I love it! How long will you be in the US after the bike race? My family is going on a road/bike trip July 13-29th and we'll be near/in Washington part of the time. If you will still be around, maybe we could meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great Nena! I am going to still be in WA right around then, so keep me updated because it would be so cool to see you and catch up!

    ReplyDelete