Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Living Life in C town, while preparing to go to SEA-town

Ok, so my last email was about my fitness life, this email will cover some of the other things happening right now. Let's start with me going back to America. I plan on getting there May 29th and should stay for about 2 months. I don't have my ticket yet, but its not a stressful thing because it will be standby, so i can book it almost anytime. Even though 2 months is a good size visit, I will be pretty busy. I'm throwing a dinner to let people know more things about my life in China (if you are interested in coming it will be Friday, June 15-just let me know if your gunna show up!). I will be running a Marathon, the STP, might surf on the Oregon coast, do a late (very late) birthday drive to Canada for Nadia, and spend lots of time with family and friends!
Until then, what will I do? I'm pretty busy on this side of the world as well, but def enjoying life. I'm working on College stuff and only have a couple more weeks to go, which will be relieving and exciting to make it through my first semester of college! I'm in more maintenance mood for my Chinese, than improvement mood, but I'm in a decent place. I feel comfortable to go do almost anything on my own (unless its complicated like getting custom made curtains, or asking about paint differences and so on, lol). I work most nights, actually enjoying it for the most part. The students know me pretty well (they are just kids), I like the other teachers and most classes are fun rather than stressful. Although by the end of the day I admit, I'm usually pretty wiped. Saturdays I have a group of my Chinese friends over and make them dinner. It's always a lot of fun and it is so good to know that I'm going to see them at least once a week, cuz sometimes I'm too busy to do other things with them.
Later this week a group of foreigners will come stay with me, so it will be interesting to interact with foreigners who haven't been China-ized (don't know China culture). It's funny, but its different and I've found that the way I interact with people has changed based on my change of balancing cultures. Then next month a family will live with me and that will be an interesting experience.
It's crazy to think I only have a short time left before I go home for my first visit "away from home (China)". All is good, if not a bit crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment