Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fitness Honor Part 2

So, I've noticed it has been way to long sense I've posted a blog, and its been awhile sense I gave an overall view of my life. So I want to touch on a post I blogged in December, about getting healthier, I called it Fitness Honor. Around that time I decided to start training to run a Marathon this summer and do the Seattle to Portland (STP) bike ride. I had also mentioned perhaps doing a 10k or something on the Great Wall of China, but that is looking to be out of the picture now. So did I mention all of these things and lose my spark? No! When I first started out running I used a program called Couch to 5K, and after about 2 months, I could run 30 min straight. Then I moved from that to a Beginning Marathon Training schedule. I've had some up and downs, which is normal to life. It's so exciting for me to see my progress because I've never been able to run a mile straight before and now a mile is nothing. My long runs will be up to 2 hours in a week or so. I've had some drawbacks, the last month I've had two severe colds, which has put me a little behind on my schedule, but I'm starting to feel better and getting re-motivated for my Marathon!

I've also been riding my bike to work which is about 10 miles there and back. I like the work out, but the pollution is so bad, I will probably have to stop for awhile cuz my lungs have been struggling. The good thing is if I keep getting stronger and fitter, by the time I get to America I should have enough time to train there, to get my endurance up to where it needs to be for the STP (a 2 day, 200 mile bike ride, haha).

Running and biking are both cardio though and as I've mentioned in my "Tips" tab, cross training/strength training is important. So to add that into my routine I started a program called Challene Extreme, which I've been doing for about a week and a half and I've really enjoyed it. I get my strength training in, but the work outs are relatively short, while still being effective (I know, cuz I can feel it).

Now with all this working out I've had problem eating, and not the normal kind, it is so hard to eat enough! Trying to fuel my body and fuel my body on the right stuff! It's been hard, but I love everything I've been learning about fitness and nutrition and I hope to continue to keep it up! One thing I should mention while talking about my "Fitness Honor" is my decision to become a BeachBody Coach.

Let me take a small bunny trail real quick. As I started to work out more and more and see results and felt my body getting healthier and as I learned more and more about what to do and what not to do, I realized something. I really enjoy this. I had heard about a shake called Shakeology, which I became interested in because I knew it had tons of nutrients that would be good for my body , especially as I'm on this somewhat intense work out regimen. So I figured sense I wanted the products I would sign up as a Coach, that way I had an excuse to help others get motivated and reach there goals. I'm still on my own journey, but I feel and hope I have something to give for those who may just be starting or want to start. With being a Coach, I make a commission, which as you guys know is really helpful for supplementing my income. So I felt it was win, win.

So with all this being said, what have been my results? I've lost about 20 pounds, I can't tell you how many sizes clothing I've gone down, cuz I haven't been able to buy new clothes (don't worry, my old clothes don't look shabby on me), but my clothes are a lot looser. So I'm enjoying those results. And I can't wait to have a mini shopping spree this summer. :)

And one more thing with my new outlook on fitness honor. I've decided to run and bike for a cause this summer. To bike and run with the hope of raising some money for my friends to adopt one of their Chinese Foster daughters. My goal is to raise at least $1000 for them. This summer I will be hosting a dinner in Seattle (June 15th to be exact). I will share some more details about her situation and if you are interested in pledging, that would be a good time.

Hope this gives you an idea of how I'm doing physically, in a few days to a week I will post more on the other sides of life. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment