Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Finally Updated!

So as you read or skim or don't read the last couple posts, you may notice the last two posts and this post were all posted on the same day. That is because our internet went down for like 3 weeks and I wasn't able to communicate much. So the last two posts were written one and two weeks ago. I had good intentions even if I wasn't able to send them out!
Right now life is good, someone from my school blessed me with a macbook! Which is wonderful, cuz now I will be able to keep up communication and stuff when I move. This last week's teaching “Business as M” has probably been my favorite and the one I was most looking forward to. Through business we can get so many opportunities and our speaker talked about the 7 mountains in life (business being one, along with family, media, arts/entertainment, education, government to name some of them) and how many of these things have gotten a little out of hand and we should be influencing them. Business is what funds most if not all of these areas in major ways. So if we can influence business then we can effectively start to influence many other areas of life. I know I still have a lot to learn in this area, but I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open for business opportunities.
This last week's culture night was Figi night, we had coconut fish, so now I know how to make a Fijian dinner!
We leave to cross the border and head north in about 3 weeks, I am so excited!
One other thing I want to share about my life right now is something that has been passed on from my mother. As some of you may know, my mom has been cutting hair for 20+ years, so basically my whole life I've seen it. Last year I had to start cutting my own hair cuz I couldn't afford to go to anyone, well when I started to cut my hair people began to ask me to cut theirs, but I didn't know how to cut hair! So this last time I was at home my mom taught me the “family trade” and since being here I have been able to gift many people with my new hair cutting abilities.
Thank you, hope you all are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment