Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

This post is late in Coming

I'm so sorry about my lack of posts the last couple weeks. I don't remember if I mentioned, but this last Friday we had this huge project due about Chinese ethnic groups. It pretty much consumed my time and mind through the last two weeks. But now (YAY!!!) I have part 1 turned in and completed. And if I do say so myself, it looks pretty good (I did my project on the Mongol People group in China, so if you ever become curious about them I will gladly email you the information I discovered). Other then this task the last couple weeks we had teachings on “Singing (W) on the Frontier” and “S-Mapping Basics”.
W on the Frontier was an interesting topic. I think what I mostly got from it was the diversity of it. The diversity in which we can sing and dance. We can use different ethnic forms and through W time can create so many other opportunities.
S-Mapping was a look at how we can take hearing from Dad about strongholds in a city, and looking at geographical important places and p-ing about them, so we can effectively reach people in the city.
Other then this and the homework, I haven’t gotten out much. Although one thing that I never commented on was my trip to Victoria’s peak. The trip up in itself was beautiful, me and my friends took the bus which was a lot of fun. In Hong Kong, especially in the city it's mostly just double Decker buses. So we went to the “upstairs” of the bus and got to see the city at varying heights. It was a pretty clear day, so beautiful. It's hard to describe it to you, so I will post some pics as soon as I can.
Also every Thursday I've taken up going to the Red Light District with one of the staff here. Every week she bakes something then goes down and passes them out to the prostitutes, lady-boys, madams, homeless and just builds relationship. It's really neat because passing out baked good is a great opening to go up so someone and sometimes from there she will be able to talk or P for someone and she built up a lot of great relationships and seen lot of neat things come from it. So, I decided that it would be beneficial to join while I was in Hong Kong.
Other than these few things I haven’t gotten out much because of my project. And also on the weekends I’ve been so tired (probably because I'm still not used to the heat), but maybe next weekend if I get a spurt of energy I can go experience something for you all, so I can then share it.
This week Tuesday we are having a “North American” culture night. I very unofficially got put in charge of it, so we decided to make Mexican food! Which is humorous because as of now we don't have any Mexicans on base, only Americans and Canadians (as far as North America goes), but we figured Mexican is something both cultures eat, and it's honoring the other third of North America that is not here yet. So that should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment